8 September 2011 - The Baha Mousa inquiry has made 73 recommendations including asking detainees if they have any complaints about their treatment and suggesting Her Majesty's Inspector of Prisons (HMIP) visits battlefield holding centres.
Inquiry chairman Sir William Gage’s recommendations include:
- The military should know they could be prosecuted for breaching a standing order that should be issued prohibiting hooding, use of white noise, sleep deprivation, wall standing and providing a limited diet.
- That although depriving a prisoner of his sight might be necessary it "must always be capable of being justified by the operational circumstances on the ground", and where possible the detainee should be given an explanation and an official note should be taken.
- Each battlegroup to have a designated Detention Officer focused on co-ordination and management of prisoners and ensuring responsibility "does not 'fall between the cracks'".
- A senior non-commissioned officer should act as Detention Sergeant responsible for CPERS administration.
- Prompt checks on prisoners' wellbeing after a death in custody. read more>>>
In 2003 some 72% of Americans fully supported the Abandoning of the Missions and those Sent to Accomplish so extremely Quickly after 9/11!!
At least some 95%, if not more as less then 1% serve them, not only still support the, just below, total lack of Sacrifice, they ran from any and all Accountability and left everything still on the table to be continually used if the political/military want was still in play in future executive/legislative wants!!
DeJa-Vu: “With no shared sacrifices being asked of civilians after Sept. 11", Decades and War From, All Over Again!! DEC. 21, 2014 - Prosecute Torturers and Their Bosses ‘Operation Inherent Resolve’
Resolute Support Mission in Afghanistan
* * Iraq: 10 Years After, 19 March 2013 - Costs of War * * CNN Map U.S. and Coalition Iraq/Afghanistan Casualties
Civilian Fatalities in Afghanistan, 2001–2012 * Bookshelf * Iraq War Inquiry * The Torture Archive * Donate * Subscribe *
* * Operation Resolute Support * *